Wednesday, January 14, 2009

mama nature

So even though it was -30 degrees outside today, the coldest it has been in a looonggg time, I decided to go out on a quick adventure. All was well because since it was cold there was a lot of nature that was frozen. I was outside for about 20 minutes and every limb on my body was ready to fall off! I've been home wrapped in blankets for an hour now and my feet are still ice cold! But of course it was worth it because I snapped some sweet photos. It's amazing what nature does when untouched by man. Take a looksie for yourself.







I would assume these are branches covered in ice.
Not that I could know for certain since whatever is under there is frozen solid!
It's neat how round it has frozen, it looks like someone has sanded them down to look like that!








I saw this from way down the beach and climbed over ice blocks to get to this.
This tree didn't have a chance from the start!
The ice has frozen in such a neat design!





I saw this from down the beach too.
You could see the spikey tips for miles.
It's so neat how the ice has frozen over these branches.
It looks more like a weapon then an act of nature.





It looks like the remains of this tree branch are dying for summer to come... literally.





There is nothing under this whole chunck of frozen snow and ice.
It is sitting on top of water.
It's interesting to think of how this could have frozen this way!






Here is a shot of me looking down the beach at the rest of the ice.
You can see the spikes of ice that I photographed earlier.





Stay warm!

- NikoNatioN
Remember you can click on all the photos to make them bigger!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one, I haven't been to the port since winter started
    The geese staying by the ice is great

    ReplyDelete